Case Western Reserve University | Scottish Isles and Norwegian Fjords
Featuring the Flåm Railway and the Scottish Highlands Glasgow - Scottish Highlands - Isle of Skye - Kirkwall u Lerwick - Flåm Railway – Bergen Hosted by Sunniva Collins, Associate Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, CWRU Dominic Tiereny, Professor of Political Science, Swarthmore College
- June 2 - 10, 2022
- Excursion through the Scottish Highlands, featuring Glencoe, Scotland’s most scenic glen, and the bucolic village of Glenfinnan.
- Visit iconic 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle and enjoy a scenic excursion of the Isle of Skye.
- Traditional Scottish storytelling and the distinctive melodies of Scotland’s iconic bagpipe.
- Visit to medieval Kirkwall to see St. Magnus Cathedral.
- Exclusive, specially arranged lecture by esteemed expert Nick Card, the director and head archeologist of the Ness of Brodgar archeological site.
- Scenic excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Orkney Islands’ Neolithic Ring of Brodgar and 5000-year-old Skara Brae.
- Excursion to the 5000-year-old prehistoric site of Jarlshof on Scotland’s remote Shetland Islands, a UNESCO Global Geopark.
- Spectacular cruise through the picturesque Sognefjord, Norway’s longest fjord, to Flåm.
- Round-trip train ride with stunning views on the Flåm Railway, one of the world’s most scenic train rides.
- Visit to Bryggen, Bergen’s historic waterfront—a UNESCO World Heritage site— and a specially arranged tour of Troldhaugen, the home of composer Edvard Grieg.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Glasgow & Edinburgh Pre-Cruise Options
- Wonders of Norway & Copenhagen Post-Cruise Options