University of Buffalo | Highlights of Kenya during the Great Migration
- $3,699, per person, based on double occupancy
- $775 single supplement
Our program will end in Amboseli National Park. Located in southern Kenya and renowned for its excellent variety of wildlife, it is also home to the Amboseli Trust for Elephants and a boasts a majestic view of the snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro - the highest free-standing mountain in the world and highest peak in Africa.
This program offers a unique experience by merging safari adventure and also the aesthetic, by exploring Kenya’s rich ecosystem, its culture and a glimpse into the country’s commitment to conservation. For those seeking ore adventure can go on an optional extension to the Swahili coast that teems with centuries of history of Arab, European and Asian traders, migrants and colonizers as well as their influences on culture, food, music and religion that is still prevalent today.
- Experience the annual wildebeest migration.
- Visit a typical African market and dip into local culinary experiences infl uenced by spices from Asia and the Middle East.
- Meet conservation experts who are on the front lines of sustainable conservation and community impact efforts.
- Hike amid spectacular scenery of towering cliffs and water-gouged gorges of Hell’s Gate National Park. Enjoy sundowners in Amboseli.